Saturday, October 3, 2009

Vocabulary and Spelling Course 1I found this course relatively interesting because it helped me realise that there are many different ways to mangle the pronunciation of words when we don't know how they are supposed to sound. I also found the difficulty level of this course to be moderate, and it gives you customised information depending on your knowledge. Furthermore, this LEL course offers you tips on how to retain information you had difficulty with, or didn't know before. This course taught me how to pronounce certain words like: slough, epitome. I also learned what: précis,blasé,amnesty,bemoan,cartel,filibuster,incumbent... and many other words mean. This course was for learning purposes only and didn't give you score, but the majority of my answers to the exercises were correct. I would rate this course as a 8.5/10Grammar Practice 2 Contrarily to the previous course I took, this one was simply a test. Uniquely for this reason, I say that it wasn't very interesting. It helped me spot some of my weaknesses, but it was not very difficult and most of the mistakes you had to point out were quite obvious. Since this was a test I didn't learn anything new; the mistakes I made were simply made from lack of attention. My score on this test was 33/40. I grade this test 8/10 because it could be a lot of help to people who's first language is not english.

1 comment:

  1. Some interesting comments. There are some mistakes and punctuation. Continue the excellent participation in class. 18/20

    ReplyDelete